I often crave sweets after a meal, but I don't always have Love Bites desserts on hand (contrary to popular belief). On those days, I like to make myself a little "milkshake". It's so sweet, delicious and filling and totally hits the spot! Of course, I don't typically consume dairy, so this recipe is completely dairy free!
Blend the all the following ingredients together in a high-speed blender for 30-45 seconds:
- 8 ounces unsweetened organic almond milk
- ½ cup crushed ice
- 1 ripe banana (if you don't like banana, you can replace it with a handful of frozen organic cherries)
- 1½ tbsp organic coconut palm sugar, 3 dates, or 1 tbsp honey
- ½ organic avocado or ¼ cup organic cashews (if you can't have avocado)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter (depending on your taste)
- optional: 1½ tsp organic chia seeds
- optional: ½ cup organic spinach
Enjoy and let us know what you think!